Global Mobile Connectivity for Your Healthcare Devices and IoT Projects
Mobile operators have built extensive global networks focused on delivering solutions to high volume usage applications. The unique constraints and requirements of healthcare applications do not fit well into the standard pre-packaged cellular subscriptions. eDevice leverages these global networks, providing a customized solution for the healthcare industry.
We have partnered with the leading cellular network providers to offer worldwide mobile coverage on multiple global networks. Our cellular service agreements provide eDevice customers global mobile access, coupled with our technical redundant infrastructure for user access and management located in eDevice’s Network Operation Centers (NOCs).
Benefits of our Global GSM (2G/3G/4G/LTE-M) Solution:
- International coverage
- Redundant Network Infrastructure
- Discounted rates
- Centralized billing
- Included SIM card
- Scalability and flexibility
As Berg Insight’s research on mHealth and Home Monitoring confirms, “eDevice is the only MVNO in the world that is solely focused on the medical device industry”. Our focus in the medical industry creates a unique proposition for healthcare companies as regulations continue to evolve.
eDevice’s GPRS/UMTS network solution works in most of the world, enabling patients to stay connected anywhere. Our technology also reduces the hardware references often needed for global deployment and lowers the cost of testing, certification, approvals, and logistics. eDevice products use universal SIM cards compatible throughout world geographies further reducing service costs.
eDevice Is Independent of the Large Wireless Alliances
At eDevice we built an infrastructure that maximizes coverage possibilities whilst limiting cost. We provide connectivity to multiple roaming* partners worldwide, several per country in most countries. Our proposition differs from large wireless alliances offering limited roaming options worldwide. Their business model restricts customers to their own networks, often resulting in limited connectivity. Using roaming partners in countries where the alliance has a native network typically comes at a premium cost, but not at eDevice.
eDevice Provides the Flexibility That Large Carriers Cannot
Large carriers generally do not offer real roaming on other large carriers.
- The largest carriers typically provide reactive, inflexible support. Many view roaming as “friendly agreements” and don’t provide support when you need it most.
- Large carriers lock you into long-term evolution strategy (2G/3G/4G) which may force you to change technology mid-project. The same can be true when working with a local carrier. Example: Clients of large carriers entering into the third year of a service agreement are facing the “sun-setting” of 2G technology. Now forced to upgrade equipment, recalling and re-deploying products in the field becomes a costly task on multiple levels.
- Service can be interrupted as a result of an outage when using a large single network carrier. As with local carriers, in many countries large carriers do not have an alternative carrier resulting in service outages to your customers.
Working With eDevice Vs Directly With a Carrier?
- eDevice has built its systems and organization from the bottom up, allowing us to support and provide attention to healthcare companies from the early stages of conception through full roll-out. Unless you’re rolling out several hundred thousand devices in a short time frame, the revenue generated for a carrier is insignificant. At this level, it is nearly impossible to get the attention of senior management and receive proactive response to your support needs.
- As a healthcare company you need a partner that understands and adheres to the stringent quality requirements and regulations of the medical industry. eDevice is already there with ISO 13485 for our entire operations and we are listed with the FDA. We have quality agreements in place with healthcare customers, providing solutions from FDA Class I to FDA Class III systems.
|Standard with eDevice||eDevice||Importance|
|ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2012 certified for “design, production, marketing of modems, communication equipment and remote patient monitoring equipment. Provision of global network telecommunications and data transmission services“.||Ensures the highest level of quality, which is required for your operations|
|FDA registered company||Guarantees we understand the business environment you live in|
|Dual-NOC (Network Operation Centers) designed exclusively for medical devices||If the NOC is used for truck tracking, utility metering, industrial M2M, and alarm systems, your medical devices may be treated with the same low level of reliability as common devices.|
|Custom Quality Agreements and client audits||This is often necessary when our offering is part of a medical device system|
|24/7 Service Level Agreement and Support Structure available||Many healthcare organizations require up to 24/7 support and guaranteed response times|
|Portal transparency – ability to view different carriers within a single portal||If the portal offered by your cellular carrier or MVNO cannot support other carriers, you will
need multiple systems for alternate carriers
|Roll-out management – portal capabilities designed for device management||Enables seamless medical device roll outs|
|Portal tools – geo-localization, real-time traffic, and a full set of troubleshooting tools||Provides immediate troubleshooting for deployed medical devices|
|Dynamic roaming – add roaming agreements when and where necessary||Reduces the complexity for devices distributed internationally|
|Data pooling – Pooled data for your entire device fleet||Controls service costs and eliminates costly data overages|
|Dynamic activation – SIM activation occurs automatically, after included test data has been
|Allows flexibility in managing roll out operations that involve a distributed value chain
(company -> local office / distributor -> hospital / clinic / agency -> user) and avoids unnecessary billing
|Single global SIM & tariff||Commercial and logistical efficiencies for global marketing operations|
|2 to 5 national carriers in each of our largest countries||Having a single carrier in a major country quickly becomes an operational issue|
|No hidden fees||Ensure competitor costs include – globally pooled data, activation on first use, access to a large number of roaming partners, logistics and quality management, Single SIM and single tariff and portal designed for medical devices|
|Logistics management – Available customer logistics including labeling, branding, delivery, and more||This is often required for devices distributed worldwide|